Cable Locator/Inspector - Kentucky/Indiana/Ohio
Linderlake Corporation has been providing OSP and Right of Way Services since 1988. With our motto of "Service You Can Count On!" our clients continue to request personnel and hire our employees. Apply to Linderlake as an OSP Cable Locator!
Our fiber optic cable client is seeking 3 locators/inspectors for several months to a year on an overpull project that spans from Louisville, KY to Cincinnati, Ohio. The first locator/inspector will start on July 10, 2017.
The cable locator is responsible for locating and inspection of fiber crew operations as an additional cable is put into place.
- Identify existing aerial and underground cable routes using location equipment.
- Ensure the client’s facilities are protected at all times during construction.
- Update the client’s maps, as-builts and other documentation.
- Operate hand, electronic and power tools as required to maintain client facilities.
- Obtain work location and description via computer.
- Clear completed work via computer daily.
- Prioritize work activities by reviewing all locate requests to determine travel route and timeliness
- Operate handheld detection equipment in the designed manner
- Periodically remove and replace manhole lids, using manhole cover removal tool
- Mark the location of the underground fiber assets on roadways, private property, and other locations, as appropriate and needed, using required spray paints, flags and other equipment
- Must have a valid Driver’s License with good driving record and Insurance.
- Must be able to work well in an unsupervised situation
- Must have own vehicle
- Must have own cellular phone
- Must have a laptop computer with a wireless card
- Must have required safety equipment: Hard Hat, Safety Vest and Steel Toe Shoes